Thursday, August 03, 2006

Never Underestimate The Power of a Woman: The Two Mrs. Moriartys!

I have two powerful women in Moriarty's Life. I will begin with his mother, Mary Katherine. I modeled her on the Maureen O'Hara character in the movie the Quiet Man, with John Wayne. Red hair, fiery blue eyes and oh what an attitude! She is what guides Moriarty into becoming much of what he is. She is willful, combative, smart and what you might call a handful.

The second is his wife, Ana. Ana is his mother with coffee colored skin. I have sort of made her a stereotype in some ways. She is the fiery Latina. She is also very bright. Both women really have a lot in common. Their looks are really the main difference.

I didn't make his mother as evil. She is more angry and wants her son to get back for Ireland. She really has no interests for herself. Her interests are for building an independent Ireland that has respect.

I don't have Ana as a really political person yet. Moriarty makes her that way and in the sequel, I will develop that further. Ana is more cruel than Moriarty's mother. Again, not sure if she would be considered sociopathic or whether my psychologist friends would have to look over her character more carefully. Just wait until Moriarty is killed by Holmes. Mrs. Moriarty will give cruelty and mayhem new meaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home